§ 8.05.00 SIGNS SPECIFICALLY PROHIBITED.
Any sign not specifically permitted, exempted, or authorized by this section is prohibited; provided, however, that any authorized or permitted sign under this section is allowed to contain non-commercial speech in lieu of any other speech. The following types of signs are specifically prohibited except as otherwise provided by this section:
(A) Activated signs and devices.
(B) Revolving signs.
(C) Snipe signs.
(D) Signs other than sandwich signs placed on the sidewalk or curb.
(E) Swinging signs.
(F) Vehicle signs.
(G) Signs which imitate or resemble any official traffic or government sign, signal or device. Signs which obstruct, conceal, hide, or otherwise obscure from view any official traffic or government sign, signal or device.
(H) Any sign which:
(1) Has unshielded illuminated devices that produce glare or are a hazard or nuisance to motorists or occupants of adjacent properties.
(2) Due to any lighting or control mechanism, causes radio, television, or other communication interference.
(3) Is erected or maintained so as to obstruct any firefighting equipment, window, door, or opening used as a means of ingress or egress for fire escape purposes including any opening required for proper light and ventilation.
(4) Projects in excess of 18 inches over a dedicated public street alley, sidewalk, or private or public roadway.
(5) Is erected on public property or a public right-of-way, except government signs or other signs as expressly allowed in the Code.
(I) Bench signs.
(J) Abandoned signs.
(K) Inflatable signs or devices.
(L) Illegal signs.
(M) Beacon lights.
(N) Roof signs.
(O) Back to back sign faces at an angle that exceeds 45 degrees.
(P) Window signs which, in aggregate, cover more than 25% of the total window surface.
(Q) Signs in or upon any river, bay, lake, or other body of water within the incorporated limits of the city. Signs attached to or painted on piers or seawalls, other than official regulatory or warning signs.
(R) Pole signs.
(S) Multi-prism signs.
(T) Portable signs.
(W) Banner signs and advertising balloons which do not comply with this article.
(X) Sandwich signs that do not meet the requirements of this article.
(Y) Outdoor advertising signs.
(Z) Animation signs.
(Ord. 1253-15, passed 4-13-2015)
SOME EXAMPLES OF PROHIBITED SIGNS:
WINDOW SIGNS COVERING MORE THAN 25% OF STORE FRONT WINDOWS.