- Active Projects
- Industrial Corridor Master Plan
Zephyrhills Industrial Corridor Master Plan
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Zephyrhills Industrial Corridor Master Plan will complement ongoing efforts of the City of Zephyrhills and its economic development partners, including Pasco County, Pasco Economic Development Council, and the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce, to expand industrial businesses and create high-quality jobs in southeast Pasco County.
This Project is being funded through a grant from the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) and must be completed by June of 2019.
The project planning process will identify opportunities, constraints, goals, strategic actions, and implementation mechanisms for the project planning area. The planning area (seen in the map below) contains approximately 6,500 acres, of which 3,000 to 4,000 acres have potential for industrial development.
Future industrial development within the planning area may benefit from proximity to the following assets:
- The Zephyrhills Municipal Airport
- CSX main line rail access
- Planned north-south and east-west roads
- Close proximity to Port Tampa Bay and central Florida Markets
The existing industries in the City will remain important to the local economy but finding new opportunities to expand and diversify are essential to the community's economic resiliency and ability to retain / attract a skilled workforce.
The project is identified in the City of Zephyrhills Five-Year Strategic Action Plan (2019-2023) with the following objectives:
- Support a diversified and resilient local economy and position Zephyrhills as a regional industrial hub.
- Provide a desirable and adaptable workforce that meets the needs of today's and tomorrow's industries and offer needed workforce training and services through effective businesses-education-government collaboration.
- Coordinate land use, infrastructure, and economic development planning to inform the City of Zephyrhills Comprehensive Plan update, including protection of environmentally sensitive areas.
- Reduce stress on transportation facilities and the commuting costs of local households through a healthier jobs-to-housing balance in southeast Pasco County.
A project Task Force, consisting of residents, businesses, government, and other agency representatives, has been established to perform the following functions:
- Refine the Industrial Corridor vision and goals
- Provide guidance / direction on the planning process and work products
- Build community awareness about the project and encourage broad participation
For more information or to learn how you can be involved in the project, please contact:
Todd Vande Berg, Planning Director
City of Zephyrhills