Mayor's Youth Council
The Mayor's Youth Council represent the local youth in Zephyrhills. They work with City leaders, staff and elected officials on projects pertaining to local government effecting our youth to better benefit them and have a positive impact on our community.
Duties and Responsibilities
The mayor's youth council has the duty and responsibility to:
- Evaluate and review problems facing youth in Zephyrhills;
- Facilitate neighborhood meetings with youth to discuss problems, needs and suggested improvements to the community;
- Meet regularly with the Mayor, City Manager, and City Council members to share ideas and discuss issues, concerns, and recommended improvements;
- Attend City Council meetings and participate in visioning and goal-setting sessions;
- Present recommended improvements to the City Council and City Manager of public projects and programs;
- Assist in planning youth recreational activities; and
- Evaluate and advise City Council, the Mayor, and City Manager of issues forwarded tot he City Youth Council for advice.
The Zephyrhills Mayor's Youth Council was established by Ordinance 1218-13.
Become a Member
Applications for membership are available through Youth Council Members at the Zephyrhills High School or on line by completing the Mayor's Youth Council Application.
The Mayor's youth council is required to meet at least once a quarter. Meetings are temporarily being held at the High School on the first Wednesday of every month right after school.