Policies and Guidelines 2015
If you are under 18 years old, you must have a consent form on file with the City of Zephyrhills prior to use of the Skate Park (Pursuant to Section 316.0085, Florida Statutes). Waiver forms can be obtained at the City Clerk’s Office located inside City Hall, 5335 8th Street, Zephyrhills, FL 33542 from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday.
The following rules and regulations have been established for use of the Skate Park to ensure participant safety, cleanliness of the facility and to maximize participant enjoyment. The City of Zephyrhills has made a significant commitment to this facility. Please take care of your investment.
SKATE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Action sports are hazardous recreational activities. There are
certain inherent risks in the use of the Skate Park, including but
not limited to severe injury and/or death. The Skate Park is
unsupervised and user assumes all liability and risk.
The City of Zephyrhills is not responsible for any loss or damage to personal
property in the Park or Parking Lot area.
Minimum age to skate is 6 and participants under the age of 10 must be
accompanied by an adult.
Hours of Operation
The Skate Park is open from Dawn until 10:00pm. Park will close during inclement weather. Skating activities shall immediately end and all Skate Park visitors should seek safe shelter at the first sound of thunder, any visible lightning, high winds or rain. Any person attempting to use the Park at any other time will be subject to penalties and may face permanent expulsion from the Park.
Skate Park Rules
For Your Safety
- Park is for skateboarding and in-line skating only. All other uses are prohibited.
- BMX bikes, bicycles, T-handled skateboards, scooters, cycles of any kind and any other devices are specifically prohibited at all times.
- REQUIRED ... All skaters must wear commercially manufactured safety gear, which includes helmet, elbow pads, knee pads, and wrist guards any time they are in the active skating area. Additional protective safety gear is highly recommended.
- Helmets and pads shall be securely fastened and strapped while skating.
- Failure to utilize and wear required safety equipment may result in severe injury and / or death and may result in loss of park privileges and/or citation.
- Shirts and closed toe shoes must be worn at all times while in the active skating area.
- Minimum age to skate is 6 years old. Proof of age may be required.
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult. Proof of age may be required.
- This Skate Park has been designed for all skill levels. Be courteous to other people using the Park.
- All skaters must skate safely at all times and avoid collisions with others. Skating against traffic flow is dangerous and can contribute to serious injuries.
- Do not proceed down ramps until clear of other skaters. Only one person on a ramp at any time.
- Use extra caution if ramps and skating surfaces are wet or damp.
- Fighting or other disruptive behavior will not be tolerated and may result in loss of skating privilege, which may be permanent.
- Skaters must follow all instructions given by any City personnel or officials.
- All equipment used by skaters must be in good condition and not damage the park or its structures.
- Spectators are not permitted inside the active skating area.
- Food or beverages are not allowed on skating surfaces or inside the active skating area.
- No other items such as benches, tables, rails, homemade ramps, or any other objects may be used inside the active skating area.
- Notify staff immediately of any unsafe conditions found inside or outside the Park.
- The City of Zephyrhills reserves the right to change the Park schedule and rules as necessary.
For the Enjoyment of all Participants
- Use of drugs, alcohol, profanity, abusive or foul language, loud music, glass containers, smoking or other tobacco use is strictly prohibited and shall result in automatic and permanent expulsion from the Park. All rules and regulations cited in the City of Zephyrhills Ordinances will apply.
- No skating outside of the active skating area, in parking lot, on sidewalks, curbs, or entrance areas near the Skate Park.
- No contests of any sort are allowed in the Park unless organized by the City of Zephyrhills Parks Department.
- The City of Zephyrhills is not responsible for loss of or damage to personal property in the Park or Parking Lot area.
- All forms of graffiti, tagging, or other means of defacing or damaging City property is strictly prohibited. Such activity will result in closure of the Park until it can be cleaned or repaired. Offenders will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- Wearing or displaying of offensive materials, gang signs, insignias or colors is strictly prohibited.
- No soliciting, advertising or distribution of materials allowed without prior permission from the City of Zephyrhills.
- Immediately report any equipment damage, safety hazards or unsafe conditions to the City of Zephyrhills at (813) 780-0022 Monday to Friday from 7:30 AM To 3:30 PM. All other hours call the Zephyrhills Police Department at (813) 780-0050.
- In case of emergency, call 911.
Please use the provided trash and recycling containers.
SKATE SAFELY AND ENJOY YOUR SKATE PARK!