Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Conversions for Living AreasCity of ZephyrhillsBuilding DepartmentPhone: 813-780-0020
All Conversions not under a trussed roof must have plans(*) signed & sealed.Complying with the 140 wind load requirements per section 1609, 5th edition FBC.
Plans for conversions under a trussed roof may be submitted by a contractor or homeowner.
The Following must be included in any plans:
1. Floor level of converted areas to be eight (8) inches above crown of street or same as existing floor of living area.
2. If carport, must show evidence of approved footer.
3. If water heater is involved, it must be drained to outside from the drain pan.
4. Ceilings must show 90 inch height, and doors 80 inches.
5. Florida Model Energy Code must accompany plans. Applicable form provided by Building Department.
6. Plans must indicate method of heating.
7. Electrical plans must show required outlets.
8. Insulation should be R-13 in the walls and R-30 in the ceilings. The following are required for submittal:
Two sets of plans (*) sealed & signed plans required(if not under roof)
Two set of site plans showing lot line distance from house.
Energy code form
Proof of ownership
Commercial Building Permit RequirementsCity of Zephyrhills5335 8th StreetPhone: 813-780-0050Fax: 813-780-0021
1. All Site Plan Review requirements must be satisfied before permit submitted and issued.
2. Permit application must be completed entirely with sub - contractors