CITY OF ZEPHYRHILLS PERMITTING REQUIREMENTS
5335 8th Street
Zephyrhills, FL 33542
- Application filled out completely.
- Owner & Contractor sign back of application, notarized ** OR
- Copy of contract with owner and contractor**
- If over $2500, a recorded Notice of Commencement is required; exception is A/C upgrades less than $7,500.
** Agent (for the contractor) or Power of Attorney (for the owner) would be Someone with notarized letter from owner authorizing same.
OVER THE COUNTER permitting: (Application filled out completely) Same Day Permitting
- Re-roofs (if shingles used) –contract required
- Driveways, if not encroaching onto City right-of-way
- Service Upgrades* (with contract)
- A/C (with contract)
- Fences (Plot/Survey/Footage)
- Irrigation Systems
- RESIDENTIAL NEW CONSTRUCTION: MINIMUM TEN (10) WORKING DAYS AFTER SUBMITTAL DATE. REQUIRED ON-SITE, CONSTRUCTION PLANS, STORMWATER PLANS W/SILT FENCE INSTALLED, SANITARY FACILITIES AND 1 DUMPSTER.
- COMMERCIAL NEW CONSTRUCTION: MINIMUM TEN (10) WORKING DAYS AFTER SUBMITTAL DATE. REQUIRED ON SITE-CONSTRUCTION PLANS, STORMWATER PLANS W/SILT FENCE INSTALLED, SANITARY FACILITIES AND 1 DUMPSTER. All commercial requirements must meet compliance.
- Proof of either (a) State Certification or (b) County Competency with State Registration.
- Business Tax receipt from the county where your business office is based.
- Certificate of insurance on worker's comp or state exemption and liability insurance.
- $30.00 Processing fee, excluding contractors regulated by DBPR.
- Notarized authorization letter required if anyone other than the license holder signs permit or application.
- If homeowner resides in said dwelling & desires to do work, a homeowner's permit may be pulled. Property that will be rented, leased or sold, will have to be contracted by properly licensed people as per state law.
- Staples are prohibited in sheathing.
- 5th edition Florida Building Code & all applicable subsections apply.
- Property survey required for all new construction.
- City right-of-way use permit required.
- Office hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Phone hours : 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Permitting must be processed before 4:30 p.m.
- Inspection requests are scheduled for the following workday. If after office hours, requests may be put on message machine.