Curbside Recycling Guidelines
The City of Zephyrhills Sanitation Department provides a "Blue Bin" Curbside Recycling Program. The "Blue Bins" are provided for you by The City of Zephyrhills.
What Items Are Permitted in Blue Bins
- Aluminum & metal cans - please rinse and remove any paper labels from food cans.
- Glass jars and bottles - please empty, rinse and remove any lids and caps. There is no need to remove the labels from glass items.
- Plastic containers that have #1, #2, #3, #4, #5 or #7 on the bottom are acceptable. This includes most milk jugs, soda bottles, and some household cleaning products. Unmarked plastics and all other numbered plastics are not acceptable for this program.
- Newspaper, Paper, Cardboard.
What Items Not to Place in Blue Bins
- Aerosol cans
- Aluminum foil
- Eggs cartons
- Hazardous chemicals
- Light bulbs
- Oil/paint cans
- Metal caps
- Pie tins
- Window panels pie tins
Effective October 1, 2015, the City will no longer accept recyclables in any type of plastic bag. Recyclables must be placed loose in the containers provided for curbside collection.
Curbside recycling service is offered bi-weekly, on Wednesdays.
Recycling is a great way to "Go Green" along with reducing the amount of trash entering the waste stream. Your recycling efforts preserve natural resources, will reduce air and water pollution, and makes a positive contribution to preserving the environment for future generations.
For additional information, please call the Sanitation Department at 813-780-0022.
- We throw away enough aluminum cans each year to rebuild a commercial airline fleet every three months!
- The U.S. is the number one trash-producing country in the world at approximately 1,600 pounds per person each year!
- Recycling just one aluminum can will save enough energy to run your TV for 3 hours!
- We throw away enough plastic bottles each year to circle the earth four times!
Recycling: It's the right thing to do.
For everything you recycle is that much less going into the waste stream.